Developing Business relationships - Course Overview
This program will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and tools that are essential in developing into a trusted Business Banking Advisor. You will build on your existing toolkit for successfully engaging your customers in ways that drive sustainable results.
Develop strategies to conduct effective sales calls
Become more of a Storyteller than a product pusher
Improve initial call conversation skills to demonstrate total value of your bank
Expand sales conversation toolkit
The 3 components of this training are key to helping business development advisors improve the following competencies... building rapport, understanding business operations, questioning, identifying current/future/unrealized needs, communicating value, overcoming objections… to increase banking officer fluency and minimize the reliance on just lending solutions.
Sales Conversation Skills
- Identify Problems - that your bank solutions solve for your customers.
- Identify Customer Needs - to increase the customer’s urgency to take action.
- Analyze Competition - and show customer your competitive advantages.
- Handling Objections - by being prepared with effective responses to common concerns.
- Sell with A Story that focuses on the outcomes for the customer and not what you are selling.
- Present Value - Teach calling officers how to successfully present the benefits of your solutions.
Needs Conversation Model
This program introduces a 4-phase conversation model for initiating a new customer relationship and identifying potential needs that your bank can address.
The goal of using the Needs Conversation Model is to enable informed, mutually beneficial decisions. That is, decisions that are good for both the customer and the bank. To achieve an informed, mutually beneficial decision, you and the customer must conduct a sales conversation focused on customer needs.
Workshops / Activities
Workshops and activities are included throughout the training to help calling officers with the following:
- Meeting Preparation
- Understand Buying Influences
- 4 critical elements to build credibility, demonstrate professionalism, and build rapport.
- Identifying Customer Needs
- Questioning Techniques
- Selling Benefits vs Features
- Overcoming Objections
- Final Practice Session